IN RE: PRADAXA (DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE) PRODUCTS LIABILITY LITIGATION This Document Relates to: ALL CASES
AMENDED CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER NUMBER 5 Regarding Defendants' Leadership Positions
DAVID R. HERNDON, Chief District Judge.
I. Defendants' Leadership Counsel Appointments
Pursuant to a request from the "U.S. Defendants" (defined below), the Court is amending Case Management Order Number 5 (Doc. 37) for the purpose of substituting Paul W. Schmidt of Covington & Burling LLP as lead counsel for the U.S. Defendants in place of Orlando Rod Richmond. The Court instructs the Clerk of the Court to revise the Master Docket and Individual Dockets accordingly.
The following attorneys shall act as Defendants' Leadership Counsel:
A. As to the "U.S. Defendants" (Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA Corporation, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., and Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane, Inc.) the Court makes the following appointments:
1. Paul W. Schmidt, Lead Counsel
2. Dan Ball, Co-Liaison Counsel
3. Eric Hudson, Co-Liaison Counsel
B. As to the "Foreign Defendants" (Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, and Bidachem S.p.A.) the Court appoints Beth S. Rose as Lead and Liaison Counsel.
1. As noted in Case Management Order Number 1 (Doc. 4), the clerk of this Court will maintain a master docket case file under the style " In Re: Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate) Products Liability Litigation " and the identification "MDL No. 2385." The Master Docket will only include documents relating to "All Cases."
2. Only Lead and Liaison Counsel shall be included on the Master Docket as being Counsel of Record. Accordingly, Lead and Liaison Counsel will be (a) the only attorneys permitted to file in the Master Docket and (2) the only attorneys receiving Notices of Electronic Filing for pleadings and orders filed in the Master Docket. After this Order has been docketed, the Clerk of the Court shall revise the Master Docket accordingly.
3. The responsibilities specific to Defendants' Liaison Counsel shall be the ...