UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS EASTERN DIVISION
June 29, 2012
ONLY THE FIRST, LTD.,
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION,
DEFENDANTS. SOC-USA, LLC, PLAINTIFFS,
EPSON AMERICA, INC., AND OFFICE DEPOT, INC., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Robert M. Dow, Jr.
Honorable Magistrate Judge Keys
And Related Cross Actions.
FINAL JUDGMENT ORDER
This matter coming to be heard on the Motion of Defendants and Counterclaimants Seiko Epson Corporation ("Seiko Epson"), Epson America ("Epson America") and Office Depot, Inc. ("Office Depot" and collectively with Seiko Epson and Epson America, "Defendants") for Entry of Final Judgment (the "Motion for Final Judgment"); the Court previously having entered an Order of Default against Plaintiffs Only The First, Ltd. ("OTF") and SOC-USA, LLC ("SOC" and collectively with OTF, "Plaintiffs"); and the Court previously having granted summary judgment in favor of Seiko Epson, Epson America and Office Depot on all affirmative claims asserted by Plaintiffs OTF and SOC (Docket Nos. 175, 177 & 255); and the Court having entered an Order of Default against OTF and SOC: It Is Hereby Ordered That:
1. Defendants' Motion for Final Judgment is granted;
2. The Court enters a default judgment in favor of Defendant Seiko Epson on its declaratory relief counterclaims for noninfringement, invalidity, and unenforceability of U.S. Patent 7,058,339.
3. Judgment is entered in favor of Defendant Seiko Epson on Plaintiff OTF's claim for infringement of U.S. Patent No. 7,058,339;
4. The Court enters a default judgment in favor of Defendants Epson America and Office Depot on their declaratory relief counterclaims for noninfringement, invalidity, and unenforceability of U.S. Patent No. 7,465,018; and
5. Judgment is entered in favor of Defendants Epson America and Office Depot on Plaintiff SOC's claim for infringement of U.S. Patent 7,465,018.
Dated: _______, 2012 ____________________________
Robert M. Dow, Jr. United States District Judge
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.