UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS EASTERN DIVISION
May 17, 2012
CHARLES PETERSON, PLAINTIFF/COUNTER-DEFENDANT,
ILLINOIS DISTRICT COUNCIL NO. 1 OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION OF BRICKLAYERS AND ALLIED CRAFTWORKERS, DEFENDANT/COUNTERCLAIMANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge Coleman
Magistrate Judge Kim
This matter came before the Court on the motion of Defendant/Counterclaimant Illinois District Council No. 1 of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers ("Union"), Plaintiff/Counter-Defendant Charles Peterson agreed to that motion and to entry of this judgment order, the Court has examined the Union's motion and is fully informed, and it appears that good cause exists for granting the Union's motion and entering this Judgment Order.
Therefore, IT IS ORDERED as follows:
1. The Union's motion for entry of judgment against Charles Peterson is granted;
2. Judgment is entered against Charles Peterson and in favor of the Union for $66,715.88, along with interest at the rate of 10% a year from June 7, 2012, through the date of payment on $58,336.63 of that amount and interest at the statutory rate on the remaining $8,379.25;
3. Charles Peterson is ordered to provide a $30,000.00 bond in the required form, or to provide an additional payment to the Union of $30,000.00 to serve as a cash bond;
4. Charles Peterson is ordered not to perform any work within the geographic and craft jurisdiction of the Union, regardless of the name or business form used, and not to resume such work, until he has made all payments required under this Judgment Order and provided the required bond or cash bond;
5. Charles Peterson's complaint against the Union is dismissed with prejudice; and
6. The Court retains jurisdiction of this case to resolve any disputes concerning compliance.
Sharon Johnson Coleman, J.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.