The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. George W. Lindberg
TRANSAMERICA'S MOTION FOR FINAL JUDGMENT ORDER IN INTERPLEADER
Plaintiff Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company ("Transamerica"), by its attorneys, Elizabeth G. Doolin, Georgia L. Joyce, and Chittenden, Murday & Novotny LLC, for its Motion For Final Judgment Order In Interpleader, states as follows:
1. On October 3, 2011, Transamerica filed its Complaint for Interpleader (Doc. 1) pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §§ 1335, 1397, and 2361 to resolve competing claims to the benefits payable under the terms of a Modified Single Premium Variable Life Insurance Policy, Policy No. LD0042424 (the "Policy"), which insured the life of Alan G. Ross ("Alan Ross"), deceased.
2. On November 3, 2011, Defendant Sharyl Ross' attorney filed an Appearance (Doc. 9) and Answer (Doc. 10).
3. On December 2, 2011, this Court granted Transamerica's Motion for Restraining Order (Doc. 14) and entered an Order (Doc. 19) restraining and enjoining Defendants, or any entity claiming through them, or any of them, or any individual bringing suit on their behalf, or on behalf of any of them, from commencing or prosecuting any proceeding against Transamerica in any state or federal court or other forum with respect to the benefits payable under the terms of the Policy, which insured the life of Alan Ross.
4. On December 2, 2011, this Court also granted Transamerica's Motion for Clerk's Entry of Default (Doc. 16) and directed the Clerk of this Court to enter a default against Defendants Jeffrey & Jeremy Ross Insurance Trust Dated 05-19-86, Trustee Unknown; Jeffrey Ross; and Jeremy Ross, none of whom have filed an appearance in this case, pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(a), which the Clerk of Court entered (Doc. 21) on December 2, 2011.
5. Transamerica served a copy of the Motion for Clerk's Entry of Default on each Defendant on December 2, 2011 by U.S. Mail, addressed to each respective Defendant at the same address at which each Defendant was served with the Summons and Complaint, pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 4(e)(2)(A) and 28 U.S.C. § 2361.
6. On December 5, 2011, Transamerica filed its Motion for Leave to Deposit Its Admitted Liability (Doc. 23), which seeks an order granting it leave to deposit its admitted liability in the total sum of $71,300.04, plus accrued interest, if any, representing the benefits payable under the terms of the Policy, into an interest-bearing account subject to further order of this Court indicating as to whom among the Defendants the admitted liability should be distributed.
7. This Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of this cause and over the parties.
8. Transamerica has done all that is required by law to perfect its interpleader action. 9. Transamerica has properly served a copy of this Motion For Final Judgment Order In Interpleader on the Defendants.
10. Transamerica submits its proposed Final Judgment Order In Interpleader herewith via e-mail in accordance with this Court's case management procedure.
WHEREFORE, Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company respectfully requests this Court enter an Order:
a. Entering judgment in favor of Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company and against Defendants Sharyl Ross, Individually and as Executor of the Estate of Alan G. Ross; Jeffrey & Jeremy Ross Insurance Trust Dated 05-19-86, Trustee Unknown; Jeffrey Ross; and Jeremy Ross on the Complaint for Interpleader;
b. Releasing and discharging Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company, its successors, assigns, representatives, agents, attorneys, and all of its affiliated companies, including officers, directors, and employees from any and all liability to Defendants Sharyl Ross, Individually and as Executor of the Estate of Alan G. Ross; Jeffrey & Jeremy Ross Insurance Trust Dated ...