The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge Robert M. Dow, Jr.
Magistrate Judge Sidney I. Schenkier
AFFIDAVIT OF JOHN W. LOSEMAN
John W. Loseman hereby deposes and states:
1. I am of adult age and otherwise competent to make this Affidavit. All statements herein are made on my personal knowledge.
2. I am an attorney licensed to practice, inter alia, within the State of Illinois and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. I am currently responsible for representing Plaintiffs in the captioned action.
3. I am a partner in the law firm of LEWIS, OVERBECK AND FURMAN, LLP ("Firm"), 20
N. Clark Street, Suite 3200, Chicago, Illinois. All attorneys and paralegals who represented Plaintiffs in this action were partners in, associated with, or employed by, Firm.
4. In the course of their representation of Plaintiffs, the attorneys and paralegals of Firm made contemporaneous daily time entries. This Affidavit is based on Affiant's personal knowledge of this case and review of Firm's daily time entries itemizing the time actually spent by attorneys and paralegals of Firm in the course of this matter, along with certain costs paid for or incurred on the account of Plaintiffs herein. Affiant will provide to the Court a copy of Firm's time and expense entries for the subject period at the Court's request. The hours and expenses itemized herein are in addition to, and not duplicative of, the hours and expenses itemized in the affidavit of John W. Loseman (Doc. 7-3) supporting Plaintiffs' motion for judgment on count one of the original complaint (Doc. 7), which were awarded as part of the Judgment dated July 29, 2010. (Doc. 11).
5. Throughout this case, Firm has charged its normal and customary hourly charges for legal services rendered to Plaintiffs in this action. Firm's normal and customary hourly charges are reasonable within the Chicago area legal community, and are paid by other clients of Firm.
6. "DAL" in the time entries designates attorney Douglas A. Lindsay, a partner in Firm. DAL has been licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 1976, and is a member of the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the N.D. Illinois, C.D. Illinois, E.D. Wisconsin, and N.D. Indiana. DAL has extensive experience in ERISA and LMRA matters, including enforcement of and compliance with labor agreements, and enforcement of benefit fund contribution obligations. In the course of this ...