The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge Matthew F. Kennelly
Magistrate Judge Nan R. Nolan
AFFIDAVIT OF JOHN W. LOSEMAN State of Illinois ss.
John W. Loseman hereby deposes and states:
1. I am of adult age and otherwise competent to make this Affidavit. All statements herein are made on my personal knowledge.
2. I am an attorney licensed to practice, inter alia, within the State of Illinois and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. I am currently responsible for representing Plaintiffs in the captioned action.
3. I am a partner in the law firm of LEWIS, OVERBECK AND FURMAN, LLP ("Firm"),
20 N. Clark Street, Suite 3200, Chicago, Illinois. All attorneys and paralegals who represented Plaintiffs in this action were partners in, associated with, or employed by, Firm.
4. In the course of their representation of Plaintiffs, the attorneys and paralegals of Firm made contemporaneous daily time entries. This Affidavit is based on Affiant's personal knowledge of this case and review of Firm's daily time entries itemizing the time actually spent by attorneys and paralegals of Firm in the course of this matter, along with certain costs paid for or incurred on the account of Plaintiffs herein. For the Court's reference, a true and correct copy of Firm's itemized billings through April 30, 2010, is attached as Exhibit (1).
5. Throughout this case, Firm has charged its normal and customary hourly charges for legal services rendered to Plaintiffs in this action. Firm's normal and customary hourly charges are reasonable within the Chicago area legal community, and are paid by other clients of Firm.
6. "DAL" in the time entries designates attorney Douglas A. Lindsay, a partner in Firm. DAL has been licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 1976, and is a member of the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the N.D. Illinois, C.D. Illinois, E.D. Wisconsin, and N.D. Indiana. DAL has extensive experience in ERISA and LMRA matters, including enforcement of labor arbitration awards. In the course of this matter, DAL provided 4.6 hours of legal services to Plaintiffs at the rate of $300.00 per hour, for a total of $1,380.00.
7. "BTB" in the time entries designates attorney Brian T. Bedinghaus, an associate of Firm. BTB has been licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 2005, and is a member of the U.S. District Court for the N.D. Illinois. In the course of this matter, BTB provided 1.2 hours of legal services to Plaintiffs at the rate of $170.00 per hour, for a total of $204.00.
8. "RCP" in the time entries designates Robert C. Parizek, a paralegal employed by Firm. In the course of this matter, RCP provided 4.0 hours of services to Plaintiffs at the rate of $85.00 per hour, for a total of $340.00.
9. "MEAR" in the time entries designates Margaret Earley, a paralegal employed by Firm. In the course of this matter, MEAR provided 0.10 hours of services to Plaintiffs at the ...