The opinion of the court was delivered by: Herndon, Chief Judge
JUDGMENT DECREE AND ORDER DIRECTING SALE OF MORTGAGED PROPERTY
On October 27, 2008, the United States of America ("USA") commenced the above-captioned mortgage foreclosure suit against Jaclynn Miller, and on January 5, 2009, the USA amended its complaint to include Elite Recovery Services. The parcel of property in question is located in Centralia, Illinois, which lies within this Judicial District. Defendants were properly served herein but failed to move, answer, or otherwise plead in response to the complaint. Based on that failure, the USA secured the Clerk's entry of default on June 25, 2009, pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 55(a).
Now before this Court is the USA's motion for default judgment under Rule 55(b). Having carefully reviewed the record, the Court GRANTS the motion for default judgment (Doc14), after FINDING as follows:
1. This Court has jurisdiction of the parties to and subject matter of this suit. The Defendants were properly served and having failed to answer or otherwise enter any appearance herein, are properly defaulted.
2. The USA, acting through the Rural Housing Service or successor agency, United States Department of Agriculture, made a loanto Jaclynn Miller, secured by a mortgagedated September 10, 1999 (Exh. A of the complaint), in the total principal amount of $52,160.00. The mortgage was recorded on September 13, 1999, as Document No. 1999R7121 in Marion County, Illinois. The loans isevidenced by a promissory note dated September 10, 1999 (Exh. B). Defendant, Jaclynn Miller, defaulted on the note. On August 10, 2006, the USA, acting through the United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, issued a notice-of acceleration (Exh. D).
3. The following persons may have claimed an interest in the above described property, but are foreclosed from asserting their claim, if any, because of their default in this action:
Jaclynn Miller and Elite Recovery Services, Inc.
4. By virtue of the mortgage and indebtedness thereby secured, the USA has a valid and subsisting lien as follows:
Common address: 1207 South Elm Street, Centralia, Illinois 62801 Lots 7 and 8 of L.R. Rettinghouse Subdivision situated in the City of Centralia, being a part of the Northwest Quarter, Northeast Quarter of Section 19, Township 1 North, Range 1 East of the Third Principal Meridian, Marion County, Illinois, EXCEPT the following described tract: Commencing at the Northeast corner of Lot 7; thence South along the East line of Lots 7 and 8 to the Southeast corner of Lot 8; thence West on the South line of Lot 8, 29.5 feet; thence North to a point on the North line of Lot 7, 30 feet West of the Northeast corner of Lot 7; thence East on the North line of Lot 7, 30 feet to the place of beginning. Excepting all oil, coal, gas and minerals underlying said premises, with the right to mine and remove the same.
Property ID No. 14-00-072-79514-00-072-795
5. By virtue of the mortgage and the indebtedness thereby secured, as alleged in the complaint, the following amounts are due to the USA:
(a) U.S. Attorney's docket and recording fees ..... $410.00 Fee to publish notice of pendency of action . . . $459.00 Title expenses $210.00 TOTAL $1,079.00
(b) For the use and benefit of the USA, holder of the note secured by the mortgage aforesaid, but subject and subordinate to the lien for payment of the items mentioned in subparagraph (a) of this paragraph: Unpaid principal balance .................. $55,134.96 Accrued interest at $10.1552 per day due and unpaid as of July 8, 2009 .................. $10,698.60 Total amount due USA as of July 8, 2009, exclusive of foreclosure costs .............. $66,453.56
(c) In addition, the USA may be compelled to advance various sums of money in payment of costs, fees, expenses and disbursements incurred in connection with the foreclosure, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, filing fees, stenographer's fees, witness fees, costs of publication, costs of procuring and preparing documentary evidence and costs ...