The opinion of the court was delivered by: Herndon, Chief Judge
JUDGMENT DECREE AND ORDER DIRECTING SALE OF MORTGAGED PROPERTY
On February 10,2009, the United States of America ("USA") commenced the above-captioned mortgage foreclosure suit against Patricia M. Hayden and Personal Finance Company. The parcel of property in question is located in Salem, Illinois, which lies within this Judicial District. Defendants were properly served herein but failed to move, answer, or otherwise plead in response to the complaint. Based on that failure, the USA secured the Clerk's entry of default on May 13, 2009, pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 55(a).
Now before this Court is the USA's motion for default judgment under Rule 55(b). Having carefully reviewed the record, the Court GRANTS the motion for default judgment (Doc. 9, after FINDING as follows:
1. This Court has jurisdiction of the parties to and subject matter of this suit. The Defendants were properly served and having failed to answer or otherwise enter any appearance herein, are properly defaulted.
2. The USA, acting through the Rural Housing Service or successor agency, United States Department of Agriculture, made a loanto Patricia M. Hayden, secured by amortgage dated January 13, 2006 (Exh. A of the complaint), in the total principal amount of $59,469.00. The mortgage was recorded on January 13, 2006 and filed in Marion County, Illinois, recorded in as Document No. 2006R0285. The loan is evidenced by a promissory note dated January 13, 2006 (Exh. B). Defendant, Patricia M. Hayden, defaulted on the note. On December 11, 2007, the USA, acting through the United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, issued a notice of acceleration (Exh. C).
3. The following persons may have claimed an interest in the above described property, but are foreclosed from asserting their claim, if any, because of their default in this action: Patricia M. Hayden and Personal Finance Company
4. By virtue of the mortgage and indebtedness thereby secured, the USA has a valid and subsisting lien as follows:
Common address: 312 East Bennett, Salem, Illinois 62881 Lot 12 and the East half of Lot 13 and 10 feet off of the West side of Lot 11, all in Block 5, Oak Park Addition to the City of Salem, situated in Marion County, Illinois. Subject to all public and private roads and easements.
5. By virtue of the mortgage and the indebtedness thereby secured, as alleged in the complaint, the following amounts are due to the USA:
(a) U.S. Attorney's docket and recording fees..... $380.00 U.S. Marshals costs for service of summons... $616.00 Title expenses $225.00 TOTAL $1,221.00
(b) For the use and benefit of the USA, holder of the note secured by the mortgage aforesaid, but subject and subordinate to the lien for payment of the items mentioned in subparagraph (a) of this paragraph: Unpaid principal balance.................. $56,619.01
Accrued interest at $8.3202 per day due and unpaid as of May 18, 2009................. $5,401.31 Total amount due USA as of May 18, 2009, exclusive of foreclosure costs.............. $62,020.32
(c) In addition, the USA may be compelled to advance various sums of money in payment of costs, fees, expenses and disbursements incurred in connection with the foreclosure, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, filing fees, stenographer's fees, witness fees, costs of publication, costs of procuring and preparing documentary evidence and costs ...