The opinion of the court was delivered by: Jeanne E. Scott, U.S. District Judge
Based upon Plaintiffs' Motion for Default Judgment and Permanent Injunction (d/e 9), and for good cause appearing therefore, the Court allows the Motion.
THEREFORE, the Plaintiffs' Motion for Default Judgment and Permanent Injunction (d/e 9) is ALLOWED. Judgment is entered in favor of the Plaintiffs Priority Records LLC, Arista Records LLC, BMG Music, and UMG Recordings, Inc., and against the Defendant Stephen Johnson, as follows:
1. Plaintiffs seek the minimum statutory damages of $750 per infringed work, as authorized under the Copyright Act (17 U S C. 5 504(c)(l)), for each of the nine sound recordings listed in Exhibit A to the Complaint. Accordingly, having been adjudged to be in default, Defendant shall pay damages to Plaintiffs for infringement of Plaintiffs' copyrights in the sound recordings listed in Exhibit A to the Complaint, in the total principal sum of $6,750.00.
2. Defendant shall further pay Plaintiffs' costs of suit herein in the amount of $335.00.
3. Defendant shall be and hereby is enjoined from directly or indirectly infringing Plaintiffs' rights under federal or state law in the following copyrighted sound recordings:
* "Slippin'," on album "Flesh of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood," by artist "DMX" (SR# 188-987);
* "You Know How We Do It," on album "Lethal Injection," by artist" Ice Cube" (SR# 198-283);
* "Aquemini," on album "Aquemini," by artist "Outkast" (SR# 264-092);
* "U Don't Have to Call," on album "8701," by artist "Usher" (SR# 307-207);
* "Rock Wit U," on album "Songs in A Minor," by artist "Alicia Keys" (SR# 299-410);
* "Halfcrazy," on album "Juslisen," by artist "Musiq" (SR# 308-859);
* "Hello," on album "War & Peace: Vol. 2," by artist "Ice ...