United States District Court, S.D. Illinois
October 20, 2005.
BETTY FROST, Plaintiff,
TECO BARGE LINES, Defendant.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: CLIFFORD PROUD, Magistrate Judge
REVISED SCHEDULING AND DISCOVERY ORDER
By order dated October 19, 2005, U.S. District Judge David R.
Herndon approved moving the presumptive trial month back to
August, 2006, and the parties were directed to submit a proposed
amended pretrial schedule. (Doc. 20). Unbeknownst to Judge
Herndon, the parties had submitted a proposed amended schedule to
the undersigned Magistrate Judge. Therefore, the parties have
fully complied with Judge Herndon's directive.
The schedule proposed by the parties does not comport with the
Local Rules, in that various discovery deadlines and the
dispositive motion deadline were outside the prescribed time
frame. Therefore, the following schedule shall control:
1. Plaintiff's deposition shall be taken by December
2. Defendant's deposition shall be taken by January
3. Third party actions shall be filed by January 15,
4. The Court trusts that the parties can agree to a
staggered schedule for disclosing and deposing their
respective expert witnesses. Any agreement should be
memorialized in writing (but not filed) if it is to
be enforced by the Court.
5. The discovery cutoff is April 8, 2006.
6. All dispositive motions shall be filed on or
before April 16, 2006. 7. A settlement conference is set before U.S.
Magistrate Judge Clifford J. Proud on June 15, 2006,
at 9:30 a.m.; settlement statements must be
submitted on or before June 5, 2006.
8. In accordance with Local Rule 16.2(b), a Final
Pretrial Conference will be set before the trial
judge by separate notice.
9. The presumptive trial month is August, 2006.
© 1992-2005 VersusLaw Inc.