United States District Court, S.D. Illinois
August 10, 2005.
ADRIAN L. JACKSON, Petitioner,
STEPHEN D. MOTE, Respondent.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: CLIFFORD PROUD, Magistrate Judge
Before the Court are five similar motions, all seeking a final,
ultimate ruling on petitioner's petition for writ of habeas
1. "Motion to Compel its Order of Judgment" (Doc.
2. "Motion to Compel its Order of Judgment" (Doc.
3. Motion for Disposition Pro Se" (Doc. 59);
4. "Demand for Final Disposition" (Doc. 62); and
5. Motion to Request Hearing" (Doc. 63).
A review of the record reveals that a report and recommendation
regarding respondent's motion to dismiss is pending. The petition
cannot be addressed until there is final ruling on the motion to
dismiss. Moreover, respondent has not been given an opportunity
to brief the merits of the petition. IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED that petitioner's five motions
(Docs. 57, 58, 59, 62 and 63) are all DENIED AS PREMATURE.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2005 VersusLaw Inc.