United States District Court, N.D. Illinois, Eastern Division
June 16, 2004.
UNITED STATES, Plaintiff,
RONALD MIKOS, Defendant.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: RONALD GUZMAN, District Judge
MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER
As discussed at the June 3, 2004 motion hearing, the Court is
dismayed by the number of motions for extensions filed in this
case to date. As a result, the parties were directed to propose a
schedule setting forth deadlines for resolving all remaining
issues prior to the April 13, 2005 trial date. The Court advised
the parties that these would be considered "drop-dead" deadlines
and would not be extended for any reason. Both sides have now
submitted proposed scheduling orders, which were discussed at the
June 16, 2004 status conference. Accordingly, it is hereby
ordered that the case shall proceed under the following
1. June 30, 2004 Government's summary of expert Charles Peters'
2. July 30, 2004 Defendant's response to Peters' testimony (¶
1), including expert summary and/or filing of
3. August 2, 2004 Status hearing to address any dispute as to Peters'
4. August 20, 2004 Government's response to any motion filed regarding
Peters' testimony. (¶ 2). both trial and penalty phases.
18. March 11, 2005 Defendant tenders witness lists, exhibits and
summary reports for both trial and penalty phases.
19. March 14, 2005 Replies to motions in limine. (¶ 16).
20. March 16, 2005 Joint filing of witness lists, exhibits and summary
reports for both trial and penalty phases, with
objections. (¶¶ 17-18). Mutual
18 U.S.C. § 3500 and Giglio disclosures for trial and
penalty phase witnesses.
21. March 21, 2005 Any motions relating to any insanity defense and
related expert disclosures. (¶¶ 7, 15).
22. March 23, 2005 Pretrial conference.
23. March 28, 2005 Responses to any motions filed under ¶ 21.
24. April 4, 2005 Prospective jurors gather and complete juror
25. April 13, 2005 Government's response to defendant's mental health
expert disclosures for penalty phase (remains
sealed until penalty phase). (¶ 8).
Trial commences with group and individual voir dire.
© 1992-2004 VersusLaw Inc.