APPEAL from the Circuit Court of Cook County; the Hon. ROBERT
L. MASSEY, Judge, presiding.
MR. JUSTICE MURPHY DELIVERED THE OPINION OF THE COURT:
Rehearing denied December 11, 1970.
This is a post-divorce decree proceeding. Upon the petition of defendant, David Pearlman, and based upon a written stipulation of agreed facts and memorandums submitted by both parties, the trial court entered an order which reduced the divorce decree alimony award of $200 a month to $100 a month. The plaintiff-respondent, Lorain Pearlman, appeals from the order, contending that the trial court abused its discretion in reducing the alimony award.
The stipulation of the agreed facts on which the court acted is as follows:
"1. The Decree of Divorce was entered in the above entitled cause on March 20th, 1963.
2. That the terms of the Decree provided inter alia that the defendant was to pay unto the plaintiff the sum of $200.00 per month as and for permanent alimony and the additional sum of $100.00 per month as and for the support and maintenance of the minor child of the parties, namely DONN.
3. That at the time the said Decree was entered the defendant earned the sum of $11,185.07 gross, on which he paid taxes of $1,784.48, giving him a net income after taxes of $9400.59.
4. That the plaintiff's income for the year 1963 was $3,661.68 gross, on which she paid taxes of $884.94, giving her a net income after taxes of $2,776.74.
5. That from 1963 through 1967 the plaintiff had one additional dependent, namely the minor child of the parties, DONN, whom she claimed as a dependent on her income tax returns.
6. That in 1965 the defendant remarried and his wife, SALLY, had two dependents, namely SHEILA and SHELDON, for whom the defendant assumed the obligation of support.
7. That the said SALLY DAVID PEARLMAN was gainfully employed throughout the marriage of the said parties.
8. That in 1968 the son of the parties hereto, namely DONN, became emancipated and no longer dependent upon either of the parties for support and the child support payments to the plaintiff were terminated.
9. That in 1968 the plaintiff earned a gross income of $7065.00 on which she paid taxes of $1,439.82, giving her a net income after taxes of $5625.18.
10. That in 1968 SALLY and DAVID PEARLMAN had a combined gross income of $28,302.85 on which they paid taxes of $4,667.90; that of the said income $25,159.00 was earned by the defendant on which he paid taxes of ...